Saturday, May 16, 2015

Post Avengers AOU Speculations

Avengers: Age of Ultron did not beat my favorite 3 Marvel Cinema Universe movies (Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy). But the movie did leave me with more questions. Most of them center around the future for specific characters.



There will be spoilers discussed from Marvel movies and comics. To push the bigger spoilers further down, I will name my 3 favorite characters from Avengers: Age of Ultron:

  1. Vision. He was perfect!! His look, the way he carried himself, his voice, and his manner. I don't just mean as an adaptation from the comics. He was very captivating.
  2. Hawkeye. We got to see more of the character, and he's pretty funny. I like that he prepared himself for any future brainwashing. He interacted with the other characters well too. I like that Hawkeye and Black Widow stick together in the field instead of partnering up with a superhuman for protection. 
  3. Ultron. I like that he sometimes echoed Tony Stark and they had a kind of father and son relationship. My favorite parts are when he seemed more human. Like when he pleaded with Wanda to not fight against him. That moment touched me. He did not lash out in anger for her betrayal. He seemed to still have a bond with her. Not a romantic one, but a comrade one.


And now, here are my questions and speculations for what may happen in the Marvel Cinema Universe: 

Ultron

Ultron was the process of uploading himself into the artificially made body. The Avengers interrupt him from reaching 100%, but some of his consciousness still uploaded into the body, right? Scarlet saw Ultron's plan through the artificial mind, and Vision knew how to limit Ultron.

In the comics, Ultron is destroyed but always comes back in an improved body. One time, Ultron overrides or hacks Vision's body and forces him to build Ultron a new body. So even though the last Ultron robot was destroyed, Ultron could come back through Vision. Where is there room for this comeback in the Marvel Cinema Universe? Maybe Vision will have an inner conflict during a bigger storyline.

Maybe that subtle bond between Ultron and Wanda I mentioned before is the base point for Vision and Wanda? Or maybe she will be spooked to find Ultron's influence in Vision.

Hulk

When will he return? Will he have returned from Planet Hulk (a harsh comic storyline)? Will Hulk and Black Widow get another chance, or will she meet someone else during his absence? I would like to see more of this relationship because it barely began and does not exist in the comics.




Wanda (Scarlet Witch)

When the credits appeared, it hit me that Pietro did die. I was surprised because I was expecting him to connect with the Inhumans in the future. I still have hopes that he will return somehow or at least be a big influence on his sister, Wanda. In the comics, Wanda can manipulate probability. Eventually, she can even alter reality. Will she be tempted to use her powers to bring back her brother like Full-metal Alchemist? Or will a villain like Thanos promise to bring back her brother in order to recruit her? The second question is not based on a comic event. I thought of it because it could fit with Thanos' quest for the Infinity Gauntlet.



Who were your favorite characters, or whose future are you most interested in seeing?

No comments:

Post a Comment