Currently when I am waiting, I read The Riders for pleasure and a taste of elegant writing. I am also slowly reading through an old art history book on the Baroque era for personal art research. Yesterday I started reading a software book to expand my computer skills.
You don't need a purpose to read though. Reading can be just to fill time. I read some of the software book during a meal and while waiting for the computer to load. You can read for a purpose, pleasure, or a sense of accomplishment.
- Reading can help prevent Alzheimer's.
- Reading is a source of new information. Learning and retaining information will help your mind remember as you age.
- Reading leads to a more involved and cultured life.
- Reading is a stress-reliever. 6 minutes of reading can reduce your stress by 68%.
- Reading can give you insight on your own experiences.
- Reading enhances your memory by exercising it.
- Women are attracted to intelligence.
- Reading helps you recognize patterns and improve your analytic thinking.
- Reading adds to your vocabulary, which makes you look good for interviews and promotions.
- Reading can improve and influence your own writing.
- Reading can help you connect with other people and cultures.
- People who read are more likely to succeed in their careers and in life.