Friday, August 26, 2011

1984 in Monk show

I finished Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell today. Like I said before, the book is a slow read, otherwise you're not actually reading the whole book. The slowest pace is when the character Winston reads the book inside the story (that's meta!), but then the pace quickens and hooks you until you finish the story.

My coincidental reward for finishing Nineteen Eighty-Four today was understanding the allusion in the Monk episode I happened to watch later. From memory the line was, "I just want 2 plus 2 to equal 4 again." I gasped, giggled, and wanted to give a high-five to somebody! Thank you for the reward. =)

At this point I started thinking of Nineteen Eighty-Four.
The episode was "Mr. Monk Goes to the Asylum" in season 1, and the allusion is given when the criminal is caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment